Gwanda State University Library
Announcements and Upcoming Events
GSU Library is pleased to announce access to the ProQuest E-book Central databse. ProQuest E-book Central is a subscription database that provides access to thousands of book titles from thousands of publishers, including Allen & Unwin, Wiley, Pearson, and Oxford University Press. The database covers all the subject disciplines currently on offer at GSU and accessible via the library website.
Gwanda State University Library announces the launch of its maiden Online Public Access Catalogue, powered by KOHA. The catalogue facilitates independent online search experience of the library’s holdings, with excellent ease of searching and accessing resources. In addition, the catalogue’s responsive design is optimized for smartphones and tablets.To learn more about the catalogue’s functionality, the GSU Library will conduct regular training sessions which will be announced on its website and official social media platforms.
GSU Library is pleased to announce access to the eLibraryUSA electronic resource. eLibraryUSA is a digital collection of trusted information resources from the United States with quality newspapers, magazines, journals, books, dissertations and award-winning films and videos.
GSU Library announces the launch of an online LiveChat facility to provide immediate, personalized and real time reference service to the university community. Library patrons are able to initiate a chat directly from the library website!.
GSU Library is proud to introduce a WhatsApp-a-Librarian Service which is an enquiry service that enables you to connect with a librarian at the GSU Library using one of the most widely used form of communication in the world!
- Discover relevant titles on the Ebook Central platform
- Ability to search/browse
- Utilize online reader and bookshelf functionalities
- Perform downloads
- Understand plagiarism and its impact on your academic journey
- Recognize guidelines and apply best practices to avoid plagiarism
- Use the ProQuest platform to help you with accurate referencing to give a solid foundation to your research
- Apply some basic standard rules for getting your article published
- Use to advance the Peer Review process
- Evaluate the value of the open-access publishing
- Detect to avoid the predatory publishing